Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Saturday, September 1, 2012

August Stat Check

During the month of August, I wrote/edited on all 31 days
I spent a lot of time figuring out details, things that needed to change, and reorganizing my novel.  Then I blasted through the first five chapters again at a pace of one chapter every 1 1/2 to 2 days.  It was nice that very little work needed to be done to them since they were previously cleaned up.  Once I catch up to chapter 14, which is where I paused to incorporate research, it'll go back to a slower pace again.  But it still feels good to move so fast.
I made 10 submissions
I received 6 rejections
I took between 0 and 23 days to get a story back out after a rejection (yes, some of them took quite a while.  But once I got back into my groove I made it within a week.  And once I was really on my game, it took me 0-1 days)
I have 12 stories in slush pile circulation
I made 3 blog posts
I took no days off

Analysis:
Blogging is really starting to fall by the wayside.  There just isn't enough time in the day, especially while trying to sort through hundreds of vacation photos on top of everything else.  I'm still reading blogs, but seldom commenting anymore either.  I'm not really sure what the future of my blogging is going to be.  I do enjoy it so I don't see it going away, but at this point I will probably admit that it's going to be less frequent, so I don't feel so annoyed with myself when I don't have time to do it.

When it comes to my writing, I'm satisfied with my progress.  I'd love it to move faster, but that's the story of everything in life, and I don't have the time to make it go faster.  It's not going too slow, at least, so I can feel real progress being made.  That's one nice thing about working on a novel--I can see page counts and word counts and watch myself move from chapter to chapter, so it's easy to see myself moving through.

And that's all for now, because after a day of grandparents and the Taste of Colorado, I'm pooped.  G'night.

No comments: