Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Stat Check

During the month of January, I wrote/edited on all 31 days
I made final edits on an older story, edited my novel, and wrote the first draft of a new story
I made 9 submissions
I received 6 rejections
I decided that one market was never going to respond
I took between 0 and 5 days to resub a story after a rejection
I have 11 stories currently in slush pile circulation
I made 8 blog posts (including this one)
I took no days off

Analysis:
January was a really good month.  I felt very productive.  Rejections were flying and I got everything back out, I subbed two new stories (though one technically belonged to December,) I did some good novel edits, and I got a new story written.  I've been very busy this month.  I could still vastly improve my time management, but I'm feeling on top of things again.  I'm looking forward to a similar February!

No comments: