Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Thursday, March 3, 2011

February Stat Check

Just a reminder that Doomology:  The Dawning of Disasters is now available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble!

During the month of February, I wrote on all 28 days!
I wrote the first drafts of two new stories, polished an old story so it was ready for submission, and began rewriting another older story
I read a lot of juvenile lit books for research for my Christmas story
I made 3 submissions
I received 1 rejection
I took between 8 and 34 days to get a story back out after a rejection
I have 7 stories currently in slush pile circulation
I made 7 blog posts
I took no days off

Analysis
Well, my response time to rejections is pretty sorry, so I definitely need to stay on the ball for that.  I'm pleased with my writing progress--while I wish I could be getting more done every day, I'm happy that I've kept up with daily writing despite "life."  We've been doing a LOT of house projects lately, so there have been a lot of distractions.  In fact, I'll probably post about our house projects soon, since little else has been going on.  I'm very happy to have finally gotten another story out into the world.

My goals for March are to get more organized and self-disciplined--though I suppose I always wish that.  Most specifically, I'd like to get one more story out as I have one more that only needs a little polishing.  Also, I really do think it is time to reactivate Critters, though I'm not sure when I'd make time for it.  We'll see.

No comments: