Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's a Boy!!!

I would like to introduce my son, born on Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 11:17am!
I thought I was going into labor on Monday night (only got about 2 hours of sleep, then contractions kept me awake) however it abruptly stopped at about 10:00am.  So then last night it started up again, but more intense.  Around 5:00am I considered calling the doctor but the contractions suddenly fell in intensity and I thought I might be able to sleep between them (quite a feat considering they were about 7 minutes apart--hey, I was tired) so I opted to do that instead.  Then I wasn't sure whether labor would continue or stop again in the morning, so hubby took off for work as usual.  I called the doc a little later, and she told me to go to the hospital, so hubby logged all of 10 minutes at work today (oops.)  By the time we left the house (we had to take the toddler with us since my parents are farther away and hadn't arrived yet) I was seriously concerned about whether we'd have time to get there as the contractions were starting to change again (not a good thing, considering I was attempting a vbac.)  I seriously scared my poor son with my displays of pain.  I tried to reassure him that it was just part of having a baby and having a baby hurts, and he promptly went around repeating "Mama baby owie" for the rest of the morning.  At any rate, my parents arrived shortly after us to take him off our hands, and the new baby arrived within about 30 minutes as I was already fully dilated.

So it's been quite an eventful day and I'm quite tired, but I wanted to post and share!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, congratulations! I'm glad things went (fairly) smoothly for you. He looks big, how much did he weigh?

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Congratulations! What's his name??