Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Monday, June 13, 2011

Maternity Leave

Well, I've finally frozen the "Days Without Not Writing" counter.  My son was born when I'd done 267 days straight, so that's where I'll pick up again.

Maternity leave was definitely a good idea--we're far from having any consistency in our days yet.  I'm dreading hubby's return to work, even though he'll only be doing half days at first, because I'll have to get both kids up and fed in the morning.  Nights haven't been too bad (mostly,) but trying to get everything done early enough to feed my older son breakfast is a little daunting.  But we'll get through it.  I'm already quite a bit more relaxed about this baby than my first.

Okay, that's all.  Just wanted to let you know where the pause in writing stands.