Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Novel editing progress

"Novel editing progress" is the name of the email I'm sending to myself daily now.  As a backup, I'm emailing any modified documents to myself each night.  It gives me peace of mind.

Greater peace of mind comes from the fact that I'm actually making editing progress these days.  It's slow, but not as slow as it has been before.  I'm catching the rhythm of what I'm writing and more easily incorporating the changes that ripple throughout the novel.  I keep asking when I'll reach a chapter that won't require several major changes--my husband's response was "when you move on to the next draft."  Yeah, that's probably true.  At least at the moment, I'm motivated.

What keeps you motivated through the long slog of editing a long piece of fiction?

1 comment:

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Good luck with revisions! And I don't know... I suppose reading the end is what motivates me ;)