Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April Stat Check

During the month of April, I wrote/edited on all 30 days
I edited my novel and did a little work on planning another
I made 6 submissions
I received 1 rejection
I have 9 stories back in slush pile circulation (3 more await me throwing them back out there)
I made 5 blog posts
I took no days off

Analysis:
Meh.  This was kind of a slow month.  We got our house refinanced though, just under the wire, so that made everybody breathe easier.  I'm also nearly caught up on some photo projects that I've been meaning to do for a l-o-n-g time, and we've joined a new playgroup.  Socialization for everyone!

Editing on the novel has been slow but steady.  It's picked up a bit in the last week or so, with me covering more ground each day.  My daily schedule has degraded into something where I'm shunting writing into the wee hours of the morning when I'm most tired, so that needs to stop.  But nothing has stood still.  Submissions are similar:  I got a fire lit under me to get them back out, and spent much of last week getting some of that done.  There are three more with no reason to wait, I just need to make the time to do it.  At least most of them are no longer languishing.  My blogging has been sparse as well.  I just haven't been in the mood.  I'm in the mood to have finished products, but not to organize getting myself there.  I suppose that could be due to the general sleep-deprivation I'm coasting on these days.  We'll see.

Happy May, everybody!

No comments: