Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just a note

I think my pace for my novel is quickening just a little bit.  When I look at my most recent work, I do seem to be averaging slightly better than one chapter per week, as I'd been doing originally.  I don't know whether this is because I'm getting better at revisions, better at budgeting my time, or if I'm simply past the parts that needed the most work.

Well, I'm probably not past the parts that need the most work.  More likely between them.  But I can enjoy this section of the novel, no matter what the reasoning.

I must say that I love the internet.  If I couldn't look up most subjects by just typing a few words or couldn't peek down at certain geographical locales from satellite photos, I don't know how I would be able to write.  It would be a lot slower, or would involve making up a lot more (and hoping I'd gotten the little details right.) 

1 comment:

Angela Brown said...

I must agree. I just recently used the internet in the middle of a revision section to make sure I was referring to the proper harvest vegetables for the season I set the story. No good putting in the wrong stuff then having to get called to the carpet by a knowledgeable reader :-)