Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Monday, March 1, 2010

February Stat Check

During the month of February, I wrote on 13 of the days
I finished the first draft of a completely new story, and worked on (am still working on) the rewrite of an older one
I sent 3 submissions
I received 2 rejections
I have 7 stories currently in slush pile circulation
I took no more than 6 days to resubmit a story after a rejection
I worked on this blog on 14 days
I made 12 blog posts
Between writing and this blog, there were only 6 days in which I did nothing

Analysis
I would like to have written on more days, so that is one of my goals for March.  There are 31 days in March, and if I can't manage to write everyday, I hope to do so on at least 20 of them.  My goal for submissions for the year is to never keep a story longer than 7 days without resubmitting it, so I'm doing good in that regard.  Although when a story stays in my possession it isn't being considered by anyone, so ideally I will get things back out within maybe 4 days.  I have two stories that I think are ready for submission, so I'd like to get some thoughts on them, and get at least one of them sent out by the end of March.

I've kept up with the blog about as much as I'd been hoping to.  There were a few larger gaps than I'd wanted, but I think I'm doing pretty well there.  With 31 days in March, I ought to have 14 or 15 posts.  My blog goal is to start networking more.

I am also going to be super busy, because we have decided to put our house on the market, so we've got a lot of tidying up to do in order to stage our house to its best advantage.  Lots of cleaning, packing, and organizing.  Hopefully I won't lose much of my mind!

No comments: