Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Locks of Love

Well, I finally got sick of my long hair. 
This is almost three years of growth.  I stopped getting haircuts because I'd had very short hair for about seven years, and had grown bored. 

I guess I got bored again, of how long it was taking to wash, how much shampoo I was using, dealing with constant tangles, and my hair getting in the way all the time.  So I decided to donate to Locks of Love.

Twelve inches of hair.  Locks of Love will have to trim the ends a bit, but that's what they get for not answering my query about split ends.  I figure that if they're doing all their sorting and manufacturing by hand anyway, they're probably already trimming everything.

My goal with my new haircut was to still be able to get it into a ponytail, which I can just do.  It's nice to have my head be lighter again, and I'll probably do a bit more styling than I've been doing lately, since it was so heavy and thick.

My son and I with our new shades.
(His future is so bright, you know)

I think it's funny that he doesn't want to take the sunglasses off--he even wanted to wear them in the store, when they still had a huge tag hanging down the middle of his face.  After all, a few short months ago, we couldn't keep sunglasses on his head to save his life.

No comments: