Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Sunday, December 4, 2011

Kid Crafts - Letter G and miscellaneous

"Five Little Pumpkins sitting on a gate..."  This is the only Halloween craft we did this year, due to long periods of inactivity again.  We did this on the fly, on Halloween itself.  Thankfully, it was easy to cut the shapes out and let him have at it.  We pasted them to a paper gate when they were all "carved."

Hubby painted a pumpkin to look like the superhero (villain?) Rorschach, and Zaxxon was fascinated by this, so I showed him how to make his own inkblot pictures.  He used eyedroppers to drop watered-down paint onto a paper...
...folded them over...
...and looked at the finished product.  He sees butterflies.

After Halloween, we briefly got back into the alphabet by introducing the letter "G."  He already knew this one because of Grammy, Grandpa, and Great Grandma, but now I've formally introduced it, along with a slew of other G words.

G is for Grapes.  I don't quite remember where I originally saw this craft.  It might have been Diapers to Diplomas.  At any rate, he painted a cut-up egg carton purple, and we made it into a bunch of grapes.
He cut out the stem himself, and insisted on using his zigzag scissors for it.

G is for gorilla.  I had it in my head that the letter G kind of looks like a squatting gorilla, so I tried to help Zaxxon recreate that.  I did several things wrong--I should have altered the shape of the G somewhat, and reversed the gorilla body parts before printing them.  Oh well, he still enjoyed it.

Tot School

I've finally caught up on our backlog of crafts, therefore if we don't do any crafts this week, I won't have anything to report next weekend.  (Perhaps that will encourage me--although Christmas activities are already encouraging me.)  I'm linking up at tot school again.

No comments: