Welcome to the blog of science fiction author Eileen Rhoadarmer--where science fiction and Mommyhood collide!


Thursday, December 1, 2011

November Stat Check and Six Months Old!

During the month of November, I wrote on all 30 days!
I spent most of the month editing my novel, though I also wrote the beginnings of three new stories
I made 9 submissions
I received 3 rejections
I declined to have a story published in a token-paying anthology after the semi-pro contract fell through, and resubbed that story
I queried a market (twice) as to the status of a story they've had forever, though I've not heard back yet.  In December, I shall have to decide how much longer to let them be silent before declaring them as non-responsive
I got caught up on submissions for the first time since mid-May (except for the fact that one came back two days ago, and isn't back out yet)
I have 8 stories currently in slush pile circulation (9 if you count the one that hopefully will be back out tomorrow)
I made 13 blog posts
I took no days off

Analysis
I had a very productive November.  I'm very happy to have gotten caught up on submissions, and I'm also pretty caught up on blog posts, photos, and various other odds and ends.  On the other hand, many of my writing days have only met a bare minimum of writing time.  That's unfortunate, but at least I haven't stopped.  There's only so much time in each day, and the boys like to use it all up.  So do holidays.

My goals for December are to keep up with photos and blogs, continue editing the novel, and continue writing the new stories to see where they take me.

Oh, and sleep.  Did I mention sleep?  No?  My goal is to get enough sleep again.  Kal'El has ceased sleeping through the night, whether because of teething or hunger or fighting off a cold, I don't know.  But it's been hard.  However, news!  He's exactly six months old today!  How did that happen?  Has he really been around for half a year?

Six months old means solid food, and solid foods might bring the promise of a return to nighttime restfulness.  We can only hope.  He'll have to take in a little more than he ate tonight, though.
The first bite.

No comments: